We are delighted to announce the appointment of our next Chaplain, Rev’d Geoff Read, who is currently serving in the role of Colchester Episcopal Area Continuing Ministerial Development Adviser within the Diocese of Chelmsford, UK. We expect him to take his first service in Luxembourg on Sunday, 18 March, 2018.
We look forward to welcoming him and his wife Marie-Louise to Luxembourg, and pray for a smooth move and for them to feel at home quickly
Steps We Have Taken
- The Chaplaincy Council has nominated Philippa Seymour and Simon Norcross to represent our parish throughout this process.
- We sent out a questionnaire about our Church and its values to the congregation in order to start forming our Parish Profile and have made the results available here.
- A time to pray for the church, led by Evelyn Sweerts, was held on May 13th.
- A Vision Day, led by Archdeacon Paul Vrolijk, was held on May 20th to discuss the appointment of our next chaplain. A summary of the day is available here.
- We have created a Chaplaincy Profile, which is available here.
- We have forwarded all the required documents to the Diocesan office.
- Our Churchwardens Philippa Seymour and Simon Norcross participated, together with Bishop Robert Innes and Archdeacon Paul Vrolijk, in shortlisting in Brussels and then interviews of the shortlisted candidates here in Luxembourg.